City of Richmond Police Department
Call if you can, text if you can’t
Non-Emergency or to file a Police Report:
Email: Police Media Relations
Phone: (804) 646-0400
200 West Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23220
Submit CrimeStoppers tip or call (804) 780-1000
Still have questions?
Please email or call (804) 646-6842
- Rialto PD (CA) reduced citizen complaints by 88% and use of force by 59%
- Mesa PD (AZ) reduced citizen complaints by 40% and use of force by 75%
- Birmingham PD (AL) reduced citizen complaints by 70% and use of force by 34%
- San Diego PD (CA) reduced complaints by 41% and use of force 47%
- Cleveland PD (OH) reduced citizen complaints nearly 40%
- Lake Havasu PD (AZ) reduced citizen complaints by 58%
- Ft Collins Police Services (CO) reduced use-of-force complaints by 100% and reduced court overtime by 24% the first year the downtown unit used them
- Chesapeake PD (VA) 56% fewer people filed complaints against officers in 2014 than in 2012. The city received 36 complaints in 2014, down from 51 in 2013 and 81 in 2012, the first year the department began using the Axon cameras in force.
- Newport News PD (VA) DUI stops increased the rate of guilty pleas in DUI cases to nearly 90% from 70%, producing significant savings in time and expense for the city.
- Pueblo PD (CO) complaints are down 17%