Procedures for Dust Explosions Hazards
Food Truck Fire Safety Check List
Date:__________ Truck Name:_____________________________ Lic/VIN/Unit #___________________
Owners Name: _______________________ Business Address: _________________________________
Inspectors Name:_________________________________ Fire Dept. Phone # ____________________
LPG Containers and Piping
LPG Appliances (SFPC 5303.5, SFPC 5303.6)
Hood system (SFPC 904.4, 904.11.6)
Not in Service
Electrical (SFPC 605.1, SFPC 605.7)
Owner/Operator Signature: _________________________ Approved Y N Approval Date: _________ Correction and Re-inspection required? Y N
The operator’s signature acknowledges they understand the line-items listed above and will abide by these requirements at all times. Keep your Permit visible or immediately available upon request.
Permit Holder Guideline #34
PERMIT TITLE: Organic Coatings
CODE SECTION: (Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code) 2901.2
FEE: $250.00 Payable to the City of Richmond
SCOPE: Permit required for any organic-coating manufacturing operation producing more than 1 gallon of an organic coating in one day.
DEFINITION: Organic Coating is a liquid mixture of binders such as alkyd, nitrocellulose, acrylic, or oil and flammable and combustible solvents such as hydrocarbon, ester, ketone, or alcohol, which, when spread in a thin film, convert to a durable protective and decorative finish.
PERMIT EXPIRATION: ONE (1) year from the date issued.
REQUIREMENTS: Permit holder agrees to abide by the Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code and any special stipulations noted on permit, as well as the following:
- Open flames and direct-fired heating devices PROHIBITED in areas with flammable vapors. "No Smoking" signs shall be posted and enforced.
- Organic coatings initiators shall not be contaminated with foreign substances.
- Spray guns and related handling equipment used with organic peroxides shall be of a type manufactured for such use.
- Separate pressure vessels and inserts specifically for the application shall be used for the resin and for the organic peroxide and shall not be interchanged. Organic coatings pressure tank inserts shall be constructed of stainless steel or polyethylene.
- Residue control shall be maintained. Spill material shall be properly removed.
- Spraying operations shall be conducted in approved spray booths, see Permit Guide #38.
- Ground and electrically bond containers (including tanker vehicles) during fluid transfer. Empty flammable or combustible liquid containers shall be removed to outside.
- Handling shall be conducted in a manner that avoids shock and friction that produces decomposition and violent reaction hazards.
- Organic coatings shall not be mixed directly with accelerators or promoters.
- Only non-sparking tools shall be used in areas where organic coatings are stored, mixed, or applied.
- Personnel working with organic coatings shall be specifically trained to work with these materials.