Looking for an exciting career with RPD? Use the above phone number and email to connect with our Recruitment Unit.
City of Richmond Police Department
Call if you can, text if you can’t
Non-Emergency or to file a Police Report:
Phone: (804) 646-5147
Email: Police Media Relations
Phone: (804) 646-0607
200 West Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23220
Submit CrimeStoppers tip or call (804) 780-1000
Still have questions?
Please email or call (804) 646-6842
Homeless Outreach Partnerships Enforcement
A homeless outreach unit that provides referrals and services as part of a long term approach to assist the homeless.
- Identify homeless encampments and chronic homeless individuals to provide long-term solutions to reduce instances of homelessness.
- Increase contact and build trust between Richmond Police Department and the homeless community.
- Create partnerships with homeless service providers in the community.
- Identify and remove aggressive panhandlers.
- Partner Richmond Police officers with a licensed clinical social worker from the Department of Social Services to provide effective and compassionate responses to the homeless community in Richmond.
- Measure accurately the amount and types of crime that is actually committed by the homeless/transient population.
- Better serve the homeless community by providing intervention during critical situations.
- Prevent unnecessary incarceration or hospitalization of the homeless.
- Protect the community from those who are a danger to others as a result of mental illness. Reduce violent crime by providing services to those who are mentally ill and homeless.