Looking for an exciting career with RPD? Use the following phone number and email to connect with our Recruitment Unit.
Phone (804) 646-6733
City of Richmond Police Department
Call if you can, text if you can’t
Non-Emergency or to file a Police Report:
Phone: (804) 646-5147
Email: Police Media Relations
Phone: (804) 646-0607
200 West Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23220
Submit CrimeStoppers tip or call (804) 780-1000
Still have questions?
Please email or call (804) 646-6842
The Richmond Police Department is comprised of five divisions:
- Chief's Office - Chief Rick Edwards
- Business Services consists of the following areas: Accreditation, Body-Worn Camera and TASER programs, Finance, Fleet Management, Human Resources, Office Of Disciplinary Review, Planning Division, Property and Evidence, Records and Technology Division, Recruitment and the Training Division
- Community, Youth, and Intervention Services (CYIS) is designed to improve the quality of life in neighborhoods, along with placing a greater emphasis on young people.
- Patrol Services are responsible for patrolling the City of Richmond which is divided into two areas consisting of four precincts and 12 sectors. First and Second Precincts comprise Area 1 while Third and Fourth Precincts comprise Area 2.
- Support Services is made up of the following: Major Crimes, Special Investigations Division & Special Operations Division