To provide efficient and effective support of assigned vehicles and equipment for the City of Richmond through responsive customer service in our maintenance, repair, fueling, replacement acquisition and disposal services.
Our goal is to work in partnership with our customer’s by identifying cost saving opportunities. We consistently measure our performance and set quantifiable benchmarks that are obtainable. We provide our customers with green vehicles, equipment and fueling infrastructure options that leave fewer negative impacts on the environment.
The Fleet Division:
- Provides maintenance, acquisition, repair and replacement services of the City's fleet
- Services more than 2600 units [vehicles, trailers, lawnmowers, etc.]
- Supporting various equipment ranging from light duty/heavy trucks and fire apparatus
- Completes approximately 1200 maintenance work orders monthly
- Our mechanics have certifications through the following programs:
- Automotive Service Excellence [ASE]
- Compressed National Gas [GNG]
- Hybrid and Electric Vehicles [EV]
Ranked 11th in the 100 Best Fleet in the Americas for 2020
The 100 Best Fleets in the Americas Green Fleet Awardee for the past 3 years