- The city does not collect personal information about visitors to the website unless the visitor chooses to provide that information.
- The city collects limited non-personally identifying information browsers make available automatically whenever someone visits a website. This information includes the Internet Address of the computer or network, the date, time, and page visited, the browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage visited before clicking on a link to the city's website).
- The city uses the aggregated information from all visitors to measure server performance; analyze user traffic patterns; and improve the content of the city's website.
- The city tracks the keywords that are entered into the search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but that information is not linked to a specific visitor.
- Some on-line services require visitors to register for an account, which requires entry of some personal information in order to create the account (typically the visitor's name, email address, and a password for account access). For certain services, such as online tax payment services, it may be necessary to provide credit card or other payment information which may be stored temporarily in encrypted form on secure servers but not with the city. All online credit card transactions are handled by third party Software as a Service (SaaS) providers.
SAAS Providers the city uses
The following is a list of some of the SaaS that the city uses.
- Google Analytics
- Google webmaster tools
- Google Translate
- Google Calendar
- Google Maps
- Remit Online
- Official Payment
- My CheckFree
- Western Union
- Bing Maps
- Neo Gov
- My VolunteerPage
- State of Virginia Court Case Information
- Pet finders
- Senior Navigator
- Avepoint Citizen Services
The city does not publicly disclose it's procedures for the security of web assests. The city is within industry best practices in monitors network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts access information or to otherwise cause damage to the website. The city will takes all appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction of data. Including prosection to the full extent of the law of persons found breaking the law as it relates to computer security.