Federally Funded Programs
The City of Richmond invests in homeless prevention and shelter, affordable housing, and neighborhood revitalization through specific federally funded programs including:
- The Community Block Grant program (CDBG).
- The Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME).
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA); and
- The Emergency Solutions Grant program (ESG).
- The city also implements the federal requirements of Section 3 Employment and Davis Bacon wage rates with the use of federal resources.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development