1209 Admiral Street
Email: Ask Parks and Recreation
Phone: (804) 646-5733
Inclement Weather Line Number: (804) 646-0751
Click HERE to view Instagram
Click HERE to view Facebook
Click HERE to view YouTube:
Click HERE to view Twitter
Linwood Robinson Center
700 North 26th Street, Richmond, VA 23223 [East]
The Linwood Robinson Senior Center is a historical facility created for senior citizen fellowship and recreation. It is the only senior citizen center operated and staffed by the City of Richmond. We provide senior citizens, 60 years and older, with diversified leisure programs and services, opportunities for community involvement, cultural enrichment activities, wellness and health information, continuing education, nutrition services, transportation and information and referrals about community resources. The center is staffed by professionally trained and certified employees.
Hours of Operation:
Call for operating times and days.
"Don't Be Left Out" - If you are at least sixty years old, visit the center to:
- Meet new friends
- Develop your creativity
- Explore new interests
- Stay active and healthy
- Get help with services you may need
An assessment/interview is required for membership. For an appointment, call (804)646-3115
Our Commitment to Quality
Today, more than ever, a growing number of Active Adults (senior adults) are actively living their lives to its fullest. We are committed to providing the highest quality services and programs possible; helping Active Adults (senior adults) maintain an active, independent, involved and healthy lifestyle. Leisure Activities and Special Programs are designed for a variety of different interest. They include:
- Arts and Crafts
(ceramics, art, sewing, quilting, crocheting and other current and seasonal crafts)
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Day trips and tours to points of interest
- Educational and Cultural Programs
- Favorite table games- popular and old
- Creative fitness
- Holiday parties
- Walking and bowling program
- Intergenerational Program
(youth volunteer, mentoring and special events with seniors and other senior groups)
- Seasonal special events
- Bingo and prizes
- "Ivory Touch" Piano Lessons by world-renown classical pianist, Jim Pettis
(afternoon lessons are by appointment only)
Community Service Opportunities are available to Active Adults (senior citizens) of all ages.
- Working with the youth involved in community school volunteerism and mentoring, after school leisure (bowling) and summer employment training.
- Sewing and craft projects and demonstrations
- Retired Senior Volunteer Programs (RSVP) and employment
- Seniors in Community Service Employment and Training Program (National Urban League, Inc.)
- Senior Connections, the Capital Area Agency on Aging Program (volunteerism and employment)
Education and Culture Enrichment programs are designed to enhance senior citizen community awareness.
- Senior Network, Inc. - Monthly Bulletin
- Reading and music
- Museum and theatre visits
- Historical tours
- Bible study
- Update on important issues
- Special guest speakers - lectures and information
- Library visits
- Film festivals
Wellness and Health related activities are offered.
- Health check program provides free assessments
- Blood pressure screenings are available each month
- Special programs on health related issues are scheduled
- Walking and chair aerobics
Nutrition Services and delicious hot meals are provided daily.
- A nutritious noon meal is served Monday through Friday for persons 60 and older. The meal is provided by Senior Connections, which accepts donations to support and expand services to the elderly.
- Nutrition educational seminars are held.
- Home delivered meals can be arranged for participants who qualify.
Transportation may be available upon request.
- Call for more information about available transportation assistance.
Assistance Services-Call for Help
- Information about and referrals to community resources.
- Access by telephone or walk-in
- Senior citizen advocacy and problem solving
- Transportation services for center members