Bus Rapid Transit Project
Richmond: Virginia's Connected Capital
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) is a high-quality, high-capacity rapid transit system that offers many of the advantages of rail transit but at a more affordable cost. The initial planning and design efforts are underway for BRT along the Broad/Main Street Corridor from Willow Lawn to Rocketts Landing.
BRT Will :
- Improve local and regional mobility
- Support economic development
- Promote transit-oriented development
- Provide attraction transportation choices
- Enhance environmental quality
In partnership with the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPY), GRTC continues pursuing construction activities for the GRTC Broad Street Rapid Transit Project.