Adopt A Pet and Save A Life
RACC receives animals from individuals who are no longer able to care for their pets as well as animals that are lost or abandoned. We are looking for people who are willing to provide permanent, loving homes for these animals.
All animals that are available for adoption have passed an evaluation based on their known history, health, and temperament though that is no guarantee of future behavior. Animals remain available at our shelter as long as their good health and behavior continue. While our goal is to find permanent, loving homes as quickly as possible, no animal will be euthanized based on the amount of time they spend with us.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to adopt an animal.
- A current photo ID (driver’s license or state ID card) is required to process an adoption.
- Proper form of payment (cash, credit/debit card, money order). Checks are not an accepted form of payment.
- A carrier for your adopted kitty or a leash and collar for your adopted dog is required.
- All of our animals will be spayed/neutered prior to going home.
- RACC reserves the right to refuse any adoption.
Due to COVID-19, the shelter is currently closed and adoptions are scheduled by appointment only. Adoptions are scheduled on a first come, first serve or best fit basis.
The adoption fee for all animals other than puppies is $100.00. The adoption fee for puppies under the age of four months is $150.00. Adoption fee includes spay or neuter procedure, age-appropriate vaccinations, flea/tick treatment while in shelter, Heartworm/FIV test, microchip and a packet of valuable discount coupons and special offers!
All cats/kittens adoptions include the option for a fee waived adoption. Cats/kittens do better in pairs and we encourage the adoption of two cats/kittens for one adoption price.
All City of Richmond residents will be required to purchase city tags for any cat or dog during adoption for a fee of $10 per pet.