Our new location as of December 6, 2021:
306 N. 8th Street, 3rd Floor
Theatre Row Building
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are defendants who plead "not guilty", but are found guilty by the Court or a jury, eligible to participate in Drug Court?
- Is residential treatment required for every participant in Drug Court?
- No. However, many defendants may be required to complete inpatient detoxification before entering the program.
- Are defendants required to participate in Drug Court?
- No, participation in Drug Court is voluntary, however you have to be court ordered in by a Judge.
- Are participants required to report to separate locations for drug screens, counseling and meetings with a Case Manager or Probation Officer?
- No. All Drug Court staff members are located at the same location, the Public Safety Building, 501 North 9th Street, 2nd Floor, Richmond, VA 23219 (across from the John Marshall Courts Building).
- When and where are the Drug Court hearings?
- Hearings are held on Fridays at 10 a.m. in Circuit Court of the City of Richmond John Marshall Courts Building, 3rd Floor, 400 North 9th Street, Richmond, VA 23219
- Can you participate in the program if you have pending charges in other jurisdictions?
- No, you have to be sentenced for all of your pending charges.