City Council's Participatory Budgeting Steering Commission - Applications Due June 1, 2021
On February 8, 2021, City Council adopted Ord. No. 2020-256, which established the Participatory Budgeting Steering Commission to formulate the standards and procedures applicable to the purpose of making recommendations to the Council, the Mayor, the Chief Administrative Officer, and the Department of Budget and Strategic Planning for the implementation of participatory budgeting for select City capital projects.
The Commission shall be composed of seven members and four non-voting alternate members appointed by the Council as follows:
- 2 voting members shall reside in a Council district located north of the James River
- 3 voting members shall reside in a Council district located south of the James River
- 1 voting member shall be a person with a disability
- 1 voting member shall be a resident of public housing
- 4 non-voting alternate members shall be residents of the city of Richmond and may be appointed from any Council district
Term of Office
Members shall serve for terms of two years and may serve up to two consecutive terms.
Application Due: June 1, 2021
Click the here to download and save the PDF application (if the application does not download click here to download Adobe Reader software). Please submit all application materials to the Office of the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.