Looking for an exciting career with RPD? Use the following phone number and email to connect with our Recruitment Unit.
Phone (804) 646-6733
City of Richmond Police Department
Submit a Commendation or Complaint
Call if you can, text if you can’t
Non-Emergency or to file a Police Report:
Phone: (804) 646-5147
Email: Police Media Relations
Phone: (804) 646-0607
200 West Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23220
Process & application for becoming RPD officer?
Question About Your Police Application?
Need a Copy of a Police Report?
Report a crime or suspicious incident?
Submit CrimeStoppers tip or call (804) 780-1000
Substance Abuse And Addiction Treatment Resources
What to do if your child has run away or is missing
View Crime Incident Information
View Internal Affairs Statistics
Still have questions?
Please email or call (804) 646-6842
Crime Incident Information
This Crime Incident Information system allows the public to query the Richmond Police Department's database of founded crime. The information contained herein includes all founded crimes reported after 12/31/1999 and entered to-date utilizing Incident Based Reporting (IBR) rules. Please note that under IBR rules multiple offenses may appear as part of a single founded reported incident. Please note that these crime reports are based on preliminary information supplied to the Police Department by the reporting parties. Therefore, the crime data available on this web page may reflect:
- information not yet verified by further investigation
- information that may include attempted and reported crime
- preliminary crime classifications that may be changed at a later date based upon further investigation
- information that may include mechanical or human error
- arrest information [Note: all arrested persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law!]
Neither the City of Richmond nor the Richmond Police Department guarantee (either expressed or implied) the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information and the information should not be used for comparison purposes over time. The Richmond Police Department will not be responsible for any error or omission, or for the use of, or the results obtained from the use of this information.
In addition, the City of Richmond and the Richmond Police Department:
- are not responsible for the content of any off-site pages that are referenced by or that reference to this web page other than an official City of Richmond or Richmond Police Department web page
- are not responsible for any defamatory, offensive, misleading, or illegal or otherwise inappropriate conduct of other users, links, or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user
- assume no responsibility or liability beyond the initial dissemination on this web page.
- This web page does not, in any way, authorize the use of the words "City of Richmond", "Richmond Police Department", "Richmond Police", or any colorable imitation of these words, or the unauthorized use of the City of Richmond or Richmond Police Department logo.
By clicking the "Agree" link I attest that I have read and understood the provisions stated above.
For questions or further information, please contact the Media Relations Unit of the Richmond Police Department at PoliceMediaRelations@richmondgov.com.