Submit CrimeStoppers tip or call (804) 780-1000
Still have questions?
Please email or call (804) 646-6842
The Richmond Police Department is comprised of five divisions:
- Chief's Office - Chief Gerald M. Smith
- Business Services consists of the following areas: Accreditation, Body-Worn Camera and TASER programs, Finance, Fleet Management, Human Resources, Office Of Disciplinary Review, Planning Division, Property and Evidence, Records and Technology Division, Recruitment and the Training Division
- Community, Youth, and Intervention Services (CYIS) is designed to improve the quality of life in neighborhoods, along with placing a greater emphasis on young people.
- Patrol Services are responsible for patrolling the City of Richmond which is divided into two areas consisting of four precincts and 12 sectors. First and Second Precincts comprise Area 1 while Third and Fourth Precincts comprise Area 2.
- Support Services is made up of the following: Major Crimes, Special Investigations Division & Special Operations Division