Human Services Programs
The programs, activities and initiatives of The Office of Human Services protect and safeguard children, families and adults in need and help to build and sustain resilient communities to enhance the quality of life for Richmond residents. They specifically support vulnerable citizens in meeting the needs of seniors, persons with disabilities, and immigrants with Limited English Proficiency (LEP).
The Office of the DCAO for Human Services oversees the following programs:
- Office of Aging and Disability Services
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Human Rights Commission:
- On November 14, 2016, Richmond City Council adopted ordinance 2016-254 to establish a Human Rights Commission Task Force to evaluate the need for and scope of a Human Rights Commission and to provide the Council with recommendations concerning any necessity to create such a commission.
- On June 11, 2018, Richmond City Council adopted ordinance 2018-044 establishing the Human Rights Commission.
- Ask the Human Rights Commission.