Contact Us - Juvenile Court

Contact Information
Felicia Edmonds-Rustin, Clerk of Court
Phone: (804) 646-2942
Fax: (804) 646-6103

Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Closed for State and Federal Holidays

Richmond J&DR District Court
1600 Oliver Hill Way, Suite C-181
Richmond, VA 23219

Click here for directions

Social Media
Follow us on Twitter (@OliverHillCtsBl)


Motions to Amend are FREE and may be filed directly with the Clerk’s Office whenever a material change in circumstances has occurred.


Motion to Amend Form (DC-630) (PDF) - use when filing motions to modify current custody, visitation, or support orders; Instructions (PDF)
Required Affidavits must accompany ALL Motions to Amend for
Custody and visitation:

Service Members Affidavit (DC-418) (PDF) - Instructions (PDF)

UCCJEA Affidavit (DC-620) (PDF) - Instructions (PDF)


Service Members Affidavit (DC-418) (PDF) - Instructions (PDF)

NOTE: Please do not list more than one child and one issue per order (i.e. if you have court orders for three children, and wish to modify custody and visitation for all three, you will need to file six (6) separate motions to amend: one per child for custody, one per child for visitation).


When a visitation order based on a previously filed visitation petition has been entered in this court or a Circuit Court decree has been entered ordering specific visitation, then a Motion to Amend/Review (Form DC-630) may be filed to modify visitation or a Motion to Show Cause (Form DC-635) may be filed for failure to comply with visitation. Conversely, if visitation was only ordered as liberal or reasonable, then a new visitation petition (Form DC-511) must be filed. If prior visitation was awarded as a result of a visitation petition filed in another Virginia J&DR Court, from which the case was transferred to this court, visitation can be modified upon filing a Motion to Amend/Review (Form DC-630).

Miscellaneous Motions

Miscellaneous motions such as:

•    any other similar motion (other than a motion to modify visitation or custody) 
may be filed on the attorney's pleading form (original and two copies!). In other words, these do not have to be filed on the court's Motion to Amend/Review form. Please note that notices (original and two copies) must accompany these pleadings on attorney forms.

Motions to Show Cause

Motions to Show Cause must be filed on the Court's Motion to Show Cause (Form DC-635) (an original and two copies) When that motion is submitted, the Court will issue a subpoena or summons to appear. Therefore, only the motion, and not a notice or an order is required to be filed.