Patricia Reyes Batley, Clerk of Court
Phone: (804) 646-2942
Fax: (804) 646-6103
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed for State and Federal Holidays
Richmond J&DR District Court
1600 Oliver Hill Way, Suite C-181
Richmond, VA 23219
Click here for directions
Follow us on Twitter (@OliverHillCtsBl)
The juvenile and domestic relations district court hears all matters involving juveniles such as delinquency or traffic matters. Juvenile delinquency cases are cases involving a minor under the age of 18 who has been accused of committing an offense that would be considered criminal if committed by an adult.
In addition, this court handles other matters involving the family such as custody, support and visitation. The court also hears family abuse cases, cases where adults have been accused of child abuse or neglect, and criminal cases where the defendant and alleged victim are family or household members.
You are not required to have an attorney. However, it is important to note that the Juvenile Court's staff CANNOT GIVE YOU LEGAL ADVICE. Further, they are NOT responsible for the content of documents submitted to the Court or for ensuring that the parties comply with the filing requirements.
Please consult a private attorney if you feel you need assistance in preparing documents or pleadings, guidance on the filing requirements or other legal representation. The following are several options if you do not have a lawyer.
- Ask family and friends for suggestions;
- Check your local telephone book's yellow pages;
- Check the various web sites.
Case disposition information for juvenile cases cannot be provided to the public over the phone. All juvenile files are considered confidential in nature. Only those parties having authority per Va. Code § 16.1-305 can view juvenile case information. Proper identification is required in order to access juvenile case information.
Adult criminal cases; however, are open to the public and dispositions, if available, can be provided over the phone. Adult criminal files are available for inspection at the courthouse to all interested individuals and copies of paperwork may be requested by mail with the appropriate copy fee enclosed.
How much does it cost?
The cost for copies is $1.00 for the first two pages and .50 per page thereafter. Payment can be made by either cash, check, money order or debit/credit card.
How can you obtain copies?
- You may request copies by mail or at the clerk's office.
- If you request copies by mail please enclose a self-addressed envelope with the costs of your copies. You will need to contact the Court's financial department prior to submitting your request for copies to obtain the exact amount that you need to pay for the copies you are requesting. The Court's address is Richmond Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, 1600 Oliver Hill Way, Suite C-181, Richmond, VA 23219. The Court's phone number is (804) 646-2942.
- You may visit the clerk's office Monday-Friday from 8:00-4:00 to obtain copies. Appropriate identification will be required on all juvenile inquiries.
For all other information needed, our office is easily accessible by phone, by visiting our Clerk's Office or contacting the court by mail.